"Towards Kenbane"

"Towards Kenbane"
Spectacular Irish coastline on a stormy day

Thursday 17 May 2012

New WATERCOLOUR in progress

Hello - OK here we are at the beginning of a new watercolour.  The pictures posted show the work at the second glazing stage, plus a close up detail of the grapes.

You will notice that this is more or less the same set up as our last lesson, using one of my favourite props - the white ceramic jug.  I particularly like this jug because of it's shiny surface which picks up all the surrounding reflections, colours and shadows.

The main difference is the lighting and my choice of background - this time I have used a lighter coloured silk scarf.  The tone of the finished painting should therefore be much brighter.




I am using thin glazes of transparent W&N artists' quality watercolour, waiting until each layer is completely dry before applying the next colour.  My palette is the same as the previous lesson used.

I will continue to post pictures of each stage so that you can watch how the painting progresses.

WATCH THIS SPACE.................

No comments:

Post a Comment