"Towards Kenbane"

"Towards Kenbane"
Spectacular Irish coastline on a stormy day

Thursday 17 May 2012

New OIL PAINTINGS

Just wanted to share a couple of recent paintings with you.......  here's the first one




Here's that [by now infamous!] white jug again.  This time I set up the still life on a brass tray in full sunshine next to a West facing window, mid afternoon.
I used W&N Artists' quality Acrylics, a 12 x 16" canvas board and a mixture of bristle and sable/synthetic brushes.

The paint was applied using Golden Glazing Medium which made the paint nice and "buttery" without being too runny.
Acrylics do tend to dry fast, especially when using thin glazes, so I had to work quite quickly.  This actually turned out to be a good thing as I didn't have too much time to 'fuss' over detail but, rather, had to just react to what I actually saw in front of me.  I think this resulted in a much 'fresher' looking work.

This painting, before being reworked, was entered [and was voted tops I'm honoured to say!] into one of Richard Robinson's on line workshops. 
Richard's website is actually a fantastic gathering of artists from all over the world and of all abilities - CHECK IT OUT!
http://thecompleteartist.ning.com

I did actually promise to post a pic of the reworked painting on there.. so must get round to do that today!





No comments:

Post a Comment